I Day (Sights around Kutaisi)
In this tour you will have opportunity to find Georgia in 4 days.
- Transfer from Kutaisi at 10:00. Firstly we will visit amazing Prometheus Cave. The total length of the cave is about 11 km, of which 1060 m are open to visitors. The cave has a total of 22 halls, six of which are currently open to tourists.
- Secondly we will see Okatse waterfall. Okatse (Kinchkha) Waterfall is located in Khoni municipality of Imereti region, close to the village Kinchkha. It is three-step waterfall cascade in the river gorge of Satsikvilo. Flows from Eastern part of massive chalk stone slopes. After joining the small rivers, descents a third, 20 meters -high waterfall.
- Then we will visit Martvili canyon. Here you have the opportunity to take a trip by boat, 300 meters (one way) section of Abasha and enjoy the beautiful views of canyon.
- Back to Kutaisi
- Moreover, city of Kutaisi, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. Historically one of the major cities of Georgia, it served as political center of Colchis in the Middle Ages.
- Overnight in Kutaisi Hotel;
II Day (Samtskhe-Javakheti)
- Our 4 day adventure tour in Georgia last with transfer from Kutaisi to Samtskhe-Javakheti region;
- On the way to Borjomi we will visit “Green Monastery”. located in the middle of the deciduous forest near village Chitakhevi, just a few kilometers from Borjomi. In the XVI century during the invasion of Shah Tahmasp the monastery was raided and monks were tortured and killed. On the territory of the monastery even today it is possible to see the miraculous relics of monks and traces of blood shed by them in those difficult times. This is the greatest saintliness of the monastery and time couldn’t harm it.
- The second place we will see is Rabati Fortress. The old stone Rabati fortress, the main sight of the Akhaltsikhe town, is standing on the small hill on the very shores of the Potskhovi river. Today Rabati fortress is a genuine cultural and historical complex on the square of seven hectares.
- Next is Vardzia – Monastery complex, carved in a rock, XII-XIII Century Georgian picturesque monument.
- Views of the legendary castle town Tmogvi;
- The glorious fortress of Khertvisi;
- Walk in Borjomi National Park and taste the mineral waters.
- Back to Kutaisi hotel.
III Day (Mestia)
- Transfer from Kutaisi to Svaneti region;
- On our way to Svaneti will visit the next sights:
Enguri hydro dam. the world’s highest arch dam (completed 1980), is located on the Enguri River in western Georgia near the point where the river leaves the Caucasus Mountains on its way to the Black Sea. It is a vast 892-foot- (272-metre-) tall double-curvature arch dam with a crest length of 2,231 feet (680 m). The five-unit power plant associated with the dam has a planned power capacity of 1,300 megawatts.
The confluence of Enguri and Khaishi rivers.
Sight places and waterfalls on the mountain road.
- At the elevation of 1500 meters, we reach the municipal center of upper Svaneti, Mestia. This is a splendid place with stunning views and architecture, surrounded by impressive 5000 meters peaks. Svaneti is one of Georgia’s most historic and unique areas and a real skiers’ dream. Until recently, Svaneti was known for its superb house-towers, most of them dating back to the 12-13th centuries, which lined the valleys and served as look-out posts against the threat of invasion. A long time ago, every self-respecting Svan family had its tower, where they were protected during wars.
- In Mestia we will visit:
Firstly, the shale canyon of Mulkhuri river;
Secondly, the natural Narzan (mineral) spring;
Museum court that includes a traditional Svan house with a tower.
- Overnight in Mestia Guesthouse;
IV Day (Ushguli)
- In the morning we head to Ushguli , a community of four villages located at the head of the Enguri gorge in Svaneti, Georgia. It is recognized as the Upper Svaneti UNESCO World Heritage Site, Ushguli is the highest continuously inhabited settlements in Europe. Compared to somewhat more developed towns like Mestia, Ushguli has been “saved” by its particularly inaccessible location, which helped preserve the villages’ timeless feel. in Ushguli Ethnographical Museum we could observe unique pieces of exhibits collected from local communities.
- Ushguli is home to remnants of one of the most ancient fortress of Svaneti, dating from the reign of Queen Tamar. It includes 37 towers thought to date back to medieval times. The Church of Saint Lamaria, Mother of God is located on one of the highest points in Ushguli, together with a building traditionally used as a meeting place for village elders. After that, we dispatch to Kutaisi and our 4 day tour in Georgia finishes.
Also, you can change activities and choose them from our tour programs, for example EXTREME RAFTING IN GEORGIA – 1 DAY / Zekari Pass hiking / Trek to Tobavarchkhili lake / 7 Day Adventure around Georgia /Via Ferrata in Georgia
Tour price includes:
- Transportation during 4 days;
- Guide service (English/Russia);
Tour price doesn't includes:
- Entrance fees;
- Alcoholic drinks;
- Additional services.