One day hiking trip in Khani “golden path from Khani to Vani”
This one day hiking trip in Khani will make your holiday unforgettable.
Difficulty – Easy: The trail follows the pathway in a gorge of river Khanistskali
Duration – 10-11 hours
Foot walk distance – 10 km
Recommended period – May-Oct
Tour Type – Hiking, Cultural
Spend a time in a beautiful gorge of river Khanistskali. Cold river water and waterfalls in the canyon offer the perfect opportunity to connect with nature. Light foot walk will boost your energy. Seeing deserted medieval village Khani and the monolithic wine press is a very good experience. At the end of the day, We will travel to Vani to learn more about the Georgian past. For the final relaxation, we will visit sulfuric thermal baths.
We will meet at the Kutaisi central square and travel to village Khani. As soon as we arrive in Khani, we start hiking and go down in Khanistskali river gorge. It has a beautiful canyon with cold water and refreshing air. On our way to the main scene we will see several waterfalls on the river. And then there is the Golden waterfall. It falls from 25 meters and is surrounded by rocks. We come back with the same way to cross the river and find the medieval winepress. Here we take a rest, eat and head back to the transport to go to Vani. Vani is the ancient town. In the historical museum we can look back in time and explore the amazing history of Kolkheti. We shall not miss sulfuric baths with constant temperature_ 35°C. We get back to Kutaisi, which is the end of our trip.
- Equipment: small backpack for one day trip
- Clothing: Sport clothes for walking, raincoat (in case of rain), A type of hiking shoes.
- Food: Each member should have food and water enough for one day.
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, cap.
Preferable to have
- Anti-insect spray
- Hiking poles
Locally available gear to hire
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Cooking set
Tour price includes:
- Transportation for the tour day;
- Ticket and guide in Vani museum;
- Tour operator service: Experienced and attentive guides
Tour price doesn't include:
- Hiking equipment;
- Travel insurance;
- Additional services, that are not included in the description (Alcoholic drinks, Zipline, cafe, bar, restaurant and etc.);
- Meals: Each participant shall have food and water for one day.