I Day (tour in Svaneti)
- Transfer from Kutaisi international airport (or from the hotel).
- Drive for 3 day tour in Svaneti
On our way to Svaneti will visit the next sights:
- Firstly, we will visit Enguri hydro dam. the world’s highest arch dam (completed 1980), is located on the Enguri River in western Georgia near the point where the river leaves the Caucasus Mountains on its way to the Black Sea. It is a vast 892-foot- (272-metre-) tall double-curvature arch dam with a crest length of 2,231 feet (680 m). The five-unit power plant associated with the dam has a planned power capacity of 1,300 megawatts.
- The confluence of Enguri and Khaishi rivers.
- Sight places and waterfalls on the mountain road.
During tour in Ushguli you will see:
- Firstly, Love Tower (Village Ipari)
- Secondly, Church of St. Kvirike and Ivlita (Lagurka)
- Thirdly, Ushguli Ethnographic Museum;
- Tamar’s Towers;
- Moreover, Lamaria church of the Mother of God;
This day will be full of emotions and fatigue, so we will spend the night at the Mestia guest house and gain strength for the next day.
- Firstly, Breakfast in Guesthouse;
We continue our tour of Svaneti in Mestia:
- Resort Hatsvali, about 8 Km away from Mestia. The highest altitude above sea level is 3248 meters. Here you can take a walk on the cable car and get a lot of positive emotions.
- Svaneti Ethnographic Museum (Mestia). The museum houses more than 4.000 items: archaeological objects discovered in Svaneti region, unique samples of engraved and painted icons (of special interest are X-XII c.c. icons), religious objects (IX-XIV c.c.), manuscripts (XI-XIII c.c. New Testaments from Adishi, Labskaldi, Ienashi, Mestia), weapons and armor, iron and cooper items, wooden ethnographic objects, adornments, silverware, textiles, etc.
- Secondly, we will visit Mikheil Khergiani House-Museum
- Moreover, Margiani House-Museum
- Betkili and sour waters
- Breakfast in guesthouse;
- Free time in Mestia;
- After that, we will go to the village of Latali, a local Svan family, where Svan supra and delicious dishes are waiting for you. During preparation, the hostess will give you a master class on baking “Kubdari”, doing “Tashmijabi” other traditional dishes.
- Church of St. George in Latali;
- Church of the Prophet Jonah;
- Temple of the Savior (in Matskhvarishi).
- Back to Kutaisi.
Also, you can change activities and choose them from our tour programs, for example EXTREME RAFTING IN GEORGIA – 1 DAY / Zekari Pass hiking / Trek to Tobavarchkhili lake / 7 Day Adventure around Georgia /Via Ferrata in Georgia
Tour price includes:
- Transportation during three days;
- Guesthouse with breakfast (Two nights);
- Guide service;
- Dinner in Latali local "Svanian home".
Tour price doesn't includes:
- Alcoholic drinks;
- Entrance fees for museums and Hatsvali sky slope;
- Additional services;